A few nights ago, I was thinking about giving advice to my niece if she ever asked for any pertaining to life. After much thinking and rewriting I figured I would tell my niece that: Kid, life is hard. You’ll fail at something, you’ll fall and bruise your knee, you’ll struggle internally with your own thoughts, you’ll have your heart broken, you’ll have bad days, and that is all okay. Take what you learned from the good things and bad and use those to build yourself up for a brighter tomorrow.
I then began to wonder how would other people answer the question. So, I asked a variety of people, If you had to give someone advice about life, what would you say? Here is what I got:
1. Life is a constant battle with trying to discover who you are and what you’re meant to do. There’s going to be a lot of struggles and challenges along the way but you learn from your mistakes and keep on moving forward. There will be times you feel low and other son top of the world that’s just how it is. People as well as things come and go but it’s up to you to decide who you truly hold onto. There’s just so much to do and everything in a small way is a new accomplishment.
2. Don’t take everything too serious in life. Life is short so enjoy the fun things. Find love and make the best of it.
3. Learn and remember to love everyone.
4. Live life the way you want to and not what someone else says.
5. Take care of the little things in life.
6. Never give up.
7. Don’t trust everyone that comes along. Some people simply look out for themselves.
8. Enjoy what you have because there are some people out there that would give anything to have your life.
9. Take all the chances you can, spend all the time you can with those you love. Never miss those opportunities to make memories because one day that’s all you’ll have.
10. Stop being afraid to go out and try new things. This life only lasts so long and we spend to much time worrying about things we shouldn’t.
11. Carry on in everything. In life there are plenty of opportunities to stop being happy, step pushing yourself, stop trying to succeed. Just don’t stop. Keep the momentum going by carrying on. Don’t stop for anything.
12. Life hits hard a lot, mostly from within, and when it does remember whatever it was that made you smile just moments before or even yesterday. Continue to seize everything you’re worth in life.
13. You can’t force things to happen. Either it will happen or it won’t. Let it be.
14. Life is full of drama, emotions, mistakes, and other people. Take each moment as it comes your way.
15. The greatest lessons we ever learn in life starts with learning how to walk. In order to go places in life you’ve got to balance and keep moving forward. You are bound to fall just dust yourself off and get going again. The world awaits you.
16. Your actions will always speak louder than your words. If you are sorry, prove it. If you are happy, show it. If you need help, ask for it.
17. Never depend on someone else’s happiness for your own happiness. 90% of the time you will be disappointed.
18. You will have some dark periods in your life. You can either stay in the dark or learn how to shine the brightest.
19. Help those out when you can. You never know what they are able to do in return for you.
20. Sometimes the things we fear the most may be the thing we excel in. Through facing your fear you will gain courage.