1. Be Personal. Your readers are more likely to connect with you if you are personal with them. This also means being honest.
2. Use Categories and Tags. With every post you share you should have at least 1 category and 3 tags. By adding tags you are increasing your chances that your blog will be found by a variety of people
3. Get on a schedule. This will not only help yourself stay organized and keep your blog relevant in your wordpress followers feed this will also let your followers know when to expect your latest post. This can always be adjusted because unexpected events cannot be accounted for.
4. Be Active. In order to gain followers you must be a follower first. Believe in your work and people will find it and also believe in it as well. Join interest groups on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc…
5. Try something new. Don’t be afraid to branch out from your usual posts. Do you typically write serious articles? Why not try writing an article about odd things you see people do.
Bonus: Don’t Give Up. If blogging was easy than everyone would be succeeding at it. Stick with it even if you don’t get the traffic you really want at first, it is okay we all went through it.