Doing something out of the ordinary or routine can be a pretty scary feeling especially if you are placing yourself in a vulnerable position. This can be nerve racking. When I started this blog a year ago, my only goal was to produce as much poetry or writing I possibly could. In doing so I gained a following. I’m sure many of you are in the same boat I am, how do I continue to grow my following?
- Listen to your audience and stats. By doing this you are able to fine tune what content you produce gives you more views and followers.
- Make one change at a time. This is key in order to see if something is successful you must make one change at a time. Also, keep that one change in place for a month or two to see the effect it truly has on your audience.
- Redesign your website. If you are still fresh, why not redesign your entire interface. Visit your website and ask yourself what is it that you want your readers to pay attention to?
- Utilize social media. If you haven’t made any social media account specifically for your blog you are missing a huge opportunity. If something is good and easily available to share on social media, trust me it will spread.
- Contact other bloggers like yours. By reaching out to successful people within your genre of blogging you will be able to learn some new tips and tricks.
Here are some other changes that you may want to consider:
- Making list posts
- Starting a vlog on YouTube
- Start a Podcast series
- Give some advice
- Encourage interaction with your readers
- Always, always reply to messages and comments you receive (even if it is late)
I hope this has been somewhat insightful. Please let me know in the comments which tip was most helpful or what you are going to try next.