- Life is NOT easy.
- You will fail.
That’s okay — we‘ve all been there
- When in doubt bring a jacket.
- Doing something is better than doing nothing.
- Self-care is most important.
Make it a priority
- Be PRESENT in the present moment.
- No one has all the answers.
Nobody knows that they are doing
- It isn’t always about the destination.
- You grow into growing up.
- Sometimes life just happens.
- Mental health is nothing to be ashamed of.
- Learn to forgive.
- Your past made you
But it doesn’t have to define who you are now.
- Smile everyday.
- Listening can be just as powerful as your words.
- Don’t go to bed angry.
- We are all alone.
- The days are long but the years are short.
- Plant your feet when you’re anxious.
- Get a hobby.
- Take pictures.
- It’s okay to be sad.
- Life isn’t fair.
- Be apart of something bigger.
- There is no trophy for finishing first.
- Not choosing is a choice.
- Take time for yourself.
- You can only change yourself.
Stop trying to change others,
- It’s okay to not be in control.
- Budget not only your money but your time too.
Comment below with what you would add to the list. I’d love to add more.
– Let’s skip this part.
– Tiny vulnerable infant not aware of the big, big world.
– Laughter, games and cheer with hits of sorrow that stain my mind.
– Hard work, broken hearts alongside musical notes and well kept secrets.
– Strong willed, eager, independent responsible adult-ish with not one but two degrees, what mighty times they were.
– Uneasy, anxious and lost in a forest of uncertain watching others settle into their nest.
The rest is still being written….
I don’t know what will come after this young adulthood season. What I do know is that wherever I am, I will always be better than I was yesterday. Each day gives us an opportunity to fine tune ourselves to finally be the best of the best. As a wise man once said
Be the best you can be, until you can be better.A wiseman
use the bathroom.
Open the blinds,
feed the cat — meow.
Clean the dishes,
take the trash out.
Get dressed for work,
pack a lunch.
Leave for work,
at 7 a.m.
leave for the gym.
go back home.
Watch TV OR
scroll endlessly on
Starting over has never been easy for anyone. Yet, here I am facing that wall again. I figured this time I would just write until I couldn’t anymore. I’m not sure what this will yield but maybe it will lead to something better.
Adulting is no small feat nor can anyone really prepare you for it. A year ago, I lost my father which set forth a series of events that would change the vision I chased. I cut ties with several people. My health took an unexpected turn. I found love. I started a career. I regained my life slowly.
I think Adulting/life should have the synonymy: persevere. Each and everyone one of us face several challenges throughout our lifetime much of the time we are alone facing those battles. The one thing we must remember even at our darkest hours:
“The battle may be lost, but not the war.”
Tune in again for some more from writing natural.