There is a massive elephant in everyone’s life right now. We all are aware of its existence but when advertisements/companies discuss said elephant they often say something like, ‘During these uncertain times’ or ’We’re here for you’. If you’ve ever read or watched any Harry Potter book(s) or movie(s), its like he who must not be named is Covid-19. I get the reasoning why companies are phrasing their ads this way, but let’s be real the virus isn’t going away.
We are all sitting in the dark when it comes to this virus, sorry folks.
Cabin fever is sitting in for most as top health professionals are continuing to provide us information about the virus which just creates anxiety. Now more than ever is it important to keep yourself in balance with your life.
I’m sure a quick google search can provide you some more things to try if you have cabin fever or are experiencing anxiety but here’s my list for you:
- Go Outside – especially if it is a sunny day. Just step outside for a few minutes, soak in that Vitamin D. Let the sunshine light your world.
- Practice Mindfulness – Find a video on YoutTube or an App (I use Lumosity Mind) and begin to practice mindfulness. Lumosity Mind walks me through each day how to relax and focus on my breathing.
- Exercise – Get up, shake out those gitters! I’ve started incorporating yoga into my daily schedule. My cat loves to be chased, each day you’ll catch us chasing each other around the apartment.
- Read a book –Nothing like a good old book to escape life. Close the social media accounts and spend just 30 mins. or even an hour a day to reading. You may learn something new!
- Schedule a Virtual Happy Hour – Humans are social creatures which is why it is difficult for folks to be secluded for an extended period of time. So why not schedule a happy hour with your friends via skype or some other way?
Not one person has all the answers, therefore we must share during this time how we are all being mindful about our health.
‘Til Next Time